UK based plus size fashion blogger AmandaApparel chats about a big trend from The Curve Fashion Festival runway: LEATHER! Jackets, dresses, and skirts, oh my!
Now, I know I keep blabbering on about my experience at The Curve Fashion Festival, but it was such a well produced event! It was an incredible opportunity for me as both a blogger and as a fat babe! I've mentioned before that the catwalk shows were stellar (even if they did need bigger sizes represented on the catwalk, as usual) and a common theme in the shows was LEATHER. I'm sharing my top 4 picks for this autumn trend.
1. This oxblood shift dress from Simply Be caught my eye on the catwalk! I'm VERY into this colour right now! As pictured above, I'd style this with my peopard print booties, but I'd add black tights and a comfy knit cardigan to soften the look.
2. This is a great way to take the leather trend into the work place. This ASOS curve pencil skirt is work appropriate, but doesn't sacrifice that edgy flair. It looks lovely with a classy heel, and I'd pair it with a button up and blazer for the office.
3. I love a waterfall jacket, don't you? I'm all about this taupe colour! I would pair this with black high waisted skinny jeans, a black top, and bright flats. Throw on a top knot and we're in business!
4. I love how this skirt is SO feminine, even though it's made of faux leather! It's not particularly edgy at all, and I can only imagine how much fun it is to twirl in those pleats! I'd style it with a petticoat for added volume.
Shop my favourites
1. Simply Be PU Shift Dress
2. ASOS Curve Leather Pencil Skirt w/ Split Side
3. bonprix Faux Leather Open Jacket
4. Simply Be PU Pleat Midi Skirt
More trend watch posts here!
Previous trend: Front-back earrings